Describe It - Camp Experiences
Learning Objectives:
Level 3
- Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.
- Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
Level 4.
- Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.
- Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
Learning goals:
- To ‘Show, Don’t Tell’ the reader by painting a picture with words.
- A variety of sentence starters
- A variety of sentence lengths
- Edit and rework
- Effective peer checking and feedback
The water is shiny as a crystal glowing in the dark.Walking through the water as it get's deeper and deeper.Walking up the rock as people jump into deep water.As I was up the rock it was as cold as a freezer.Sitting down I was watching people jump into the freezing cold water.
Suddenly there was a deeper spot and that there is less people. Coming back up the rock and jumping into the water and again and again. Slowly walking up the rock and sit down for a little bite ten jumped in the water from the last time and after that, we headed back to our bags and started to walk back to camp
Student Reflection:
In my writing, one of my goals is Use language features e.g similes, onomatopoeia.
I did show the goal here because I used my similes well in my sentences.
In my writing, one of my goals is Proofread for spelling and punctuation mistakes. I did not show the goal here because in my writing I didn't know where I will put my punctuation. My next step is to do more fixing and editing my sentences. Teacher Comment: Jake, you have use language features like similes in your writing to make it interesting. Your next step is to continue working on using correct punctuation, including complex punctuation. |
No comments:
Post a Comment